The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) application period is underway for the 2023 period. The 2023 initial application period closed on February 28, 2023. The 2024 application process will begin December 2023.
If you applied for the 2023 CFC - you should receive notification on June 12, 2023 of your acceptance or if your application had deficiencies.
If your application was accepted for the 2023 CFC...
- Review your next steps in our Online Training Charity Listing Module.
- Then, complete your listing and pay your listing fee through the Online Charity Application System to participate in the 2023 CFC.
- Review the Schedule of Listing Fees and note that you will get a 10% discount by completing your application by Aug 16!
If your 2023 CFC application had deficiencies...
- Review your next steps in our Online Training Charity Appeals Module.
- Then, submit your appeal through the online Charity Application System by June 26, 2023.
- Make plans to participate in our Appeals Live Q&A Webinar on June 15, 2 pm ET. Click HERE to join the webinar. Use passcode: 2023CFC
- Helpful resources:
Have feedback for us on the Listing or Appeals resources? Let us know!
Interested in learning more about the CFC?
The Combined Federal Campaign offers charities the opportunity to reach 9 million potential donors across the country and around the world.
- Watch the charity participation video.
- Download the Charity Interest Flyer to review some of the reasons why your organization should be in the CFC.
- Download the 2023 Charity Application User Guide to review application requirements.
Ready to apply?
Visit our new Charity Application Online Training System for a complete overview of the application process. We recommend having the online training open on one screen and the Charity Application Portal on the other.
Download and use the appropriate Completeness Review Checklist before you click "submit" on your application:
- CFC Application Completeness Review Checklist for Independent and Member Organizations
- CFC Application Completeness Review Checklist for Federations
- CFC Application Completeness Review Checklist for FSYP/FSYP/MWR Organizations
The 2023 application period is closed. See the 2023 Application Fee Schedule.
Having trouble accessing your account? Review the Requesting Access and Password Reset instructions here.
Once you have completed your online application, here's how you can print a copy of your application for your records and print a copy of the receipt for the application fee.
Watch Application Briefing.
Watch the replay of this year's Charity Application Overview Briefing.
Check out our additional resources and guidance.
Here are a few resources to provide additional information on the CFC charity application process.
What's Your CFC Group Number? (Independent organizations can find their group number by filtering this spreadsheet. Member charities should contact their federation for group numbers. All new charities applying in 2023 will be Group 1. Reminder: Group 1 must submit a full application. Groups 2 and 3 submit verification applications for 2023.)
These training modules from 2022 contain detailed CFC application instructions. CAVEAT: because they were recorded in 2022, some dates and fee information may be out of date. For the most up-to-date information, visit the Charity Application Online Training System.
- Module 1: Welcome and Overview of the CFC Program
- Module 2: Overview of the CFC Application Process
- Module 3: Charity Application Account Setup
- Module 4: Completing the Application (Steps 1-3)
- Module 5: Completing the Application (Step 4)
- Module 6: Completing the Application (Steps 5-6)
- Module 7: Completing the Application (Step 7)
- Module 8: Completing the Application (Step 8)
- Module 9: Completing the Application (Steps 9-11)
- Module 10: Top 10 Application Mistakes
- Module 11: Follow-On Tasks
- Module 12: Eligibility Determinations
- Module 13: Accessing Pledge, Distribution, and Donor Information
- Module 14: Special Information Regarding Federation Applications
- Module 15: Special Information Regarding FSYA/FSYP Applications
For more information, please visit the CFC Charity Administration Center.