Interested in learning more about the CFC?
The Combined Federal Campaign offers charities the opportunity to reach 9 million potential donors across the country and around the world.
Ready to apply?
Visit our new Charity Application Online Training System for a complete overview of the application process. We recommend having the online training open on one screen and the Charity Application Portal on the other.
Download and use the appropriate Completeness Review Checklist before you click "submit" on your application:
- CFC Application Completeness Review Checklist for Independent and Member Organizations
- CFC Application Completeness Review Checklist for Federations
- CFC Application Completeness Review Checklist for FSYP/FSYP/MWR Organizations
Applications will be accepted from Dec 1, 2022 through Feb 28, 2023 (extended deadline, but late fees will apply). See the 2023 Application Fee Schedule.
Having trouble accessing your account? Review the Requesting Access and Password Reset instructions here.
Once you have completed your online application, here's how you can print a copy of your application for your records and print a copy of the receipt for the application fee.
Attend one of our Live Q&A Sessions.
Meet with the OPM experts on the CFC charity application process to ask your questions and hear the answers to questions you didn't even know you had! Click the links below on the appropriate day and time to join the sessions.
- Tuesday, December 6 at 2 PM ET; passcode: GIVECFC
- Tuesday, December 13 at 2 PM ET; passcode: GIVECFC
- Thursday, January 19 at 2 PM ET: passcode: GIVECFC
Watch the replay of this year's Charity Application Overview Briefing.
Check out our additional resources and guidance.
Here are a few resources to provide additional information on the CFC charity application process.
What's Your CFC Group Number? (Independent organizations can find their group number by filtering this spreadsheet. Member charities should contact their federation for group numbers. All new charities applying in 2023 will be Group 1. Reminder: Group 1 must submit a full application. Groups 2 and 3 submit verification applications for 2023.)
These training modules from 2022 contain detailed CFC application instructions. CAVEAT: because they were recorded in 2022, some dates and fee information may be out of date. For the most up-to-date information, visit the Charity Application Online Training System.
- Module 1: Welcome and Overview of the CFC Program
- Module 2: Overview of the CFC Application Process
- Module 3: Charity Application Account Setup
- Module 4: Completing the Application (Steps 1-3)
- Module 5: Completing the Application (Step 4)
- Module 6: Completing the Application (Steps 5-6)
- Module 7: Completing the Application (Step 7)
- Module 8: Completing the Application (Step 8)
- Module 9: Completing the Application (Steps 9-11)
- Module 10: Top 10 Application Mistakes
- Module 11: Follow-On Tasks
- Module 12: Eligibility Determinations
- Module 13: Accessing Pledge, Distribution, and Donor Information
- Module 14: Special Information Regarding Federation Applications
- Module 15: Special Information Regarding FSYA/FSYP Applications
For more information, please visit the CFC Charity Administration Center.